a couple proposed patches

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Fri May 9 16:50:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> How could this possibly work?  You get a signal, keep reading, and
> then another process which also has the pipe open wants to grab data from
> the pipe.  But, it can't get it because the original process has sucked
> it all in.  So you store the data in shared memory?  And have to worry
> about who gets what data when?  Ugh.  That wouldn't work with native
> windows apps anyway.

That was one of the issues about the implementation.  Essentially the
scenario involves two processes reading the same pipe, with one being
interrupted on a read() so the other one can read().  Does anything do
this?  And does it matter whether the first process actually read
anything from the pipe?

Native apps are not involved in my patch.  All that is affected is Cygwin
process reads.
--
Joe Buehler