1.7.1 release date? (termcap)

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Thu Nov 19 16:24:00 GMT 2009

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> We should consider termcap dead at this point.  I don't even have a
> /etc/termcap on my most recent Ubuntu and gentoo systems and I obviously
> haven't missed it.

Portable software has to live without it now but software might
optionally look for both, also it's actually a useful reference for
occasional manual look-up of terminal features, so as long as
/etc/termcap exists, it should be kept up-to-date. I think I made this
suggestion some time ago already about another bug in termcap: either
fix it or delete it.

Thomas