Emacs for NT

Charles Wilson cwilson@ee.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

> There's also almost ready XEmacs 21.0.  I have been using it for more
> than 2 months on my NT box.  The drawback is you have to compile it by
> yourself, but it is easy (out-of-the-box with tools from B20.1) and
> you get basically everything you have in XEmacs in Unix.  See
> http://cvs.xemacs.org about accessing the source via cvs.

Charles Waldman has created an *experimental* install-shield package for one
of the more recent XEmacsen. No compiling necessary. It's available from

ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/beta/xemacs-21.0/xemacs-install-990105.EXE

but check the readme first

ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/beta/xemacs-21.0/xemacs-install-990105.README

--Chuck

-