Find problem solved or workaround

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

I could solve the problem with find, I reported here recently.
At least I found a work around for me.
Perhaps you can take it as a bug report, too ?!?

It was a problem with my mount table.
I had a mount table like this:

C:                                     /                native  text=binary
c:\Entw\Perl                           /Programme/Perl  native  text=binary
c:\usr\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin  /bin             native  text=binary
d:                                     /d               native  text=binary
\\.\tape0                              /dev/nst0        native  text=binary
\\.\tape0                              /dev/st0         native  text=binary
e:                                     /e               native  text=binary
c:\usr\local\etc                       /etc             native  text=binary
z:                                     /home            native  text=binary
d:\var                                 /var             native  text=binary

As you can see, besides the necessary mount for c: -> / there are two
other mounts for directories on the same drive -
c:\Entw\Perl and c:\usr\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin !
I replaced them with symbolic links and everything started to work as
expected.
So I suppose, Cygwin gets confused, when it has to handle more than one
mount for the the same partition or the partition's directories.

Any comments on this ?

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-