[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs*-24.2.93-2 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Feb 21 10:57:00 GMT 2013

On 2/21/2013 3:34 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
>> It's more complicated than that.  But the problem has already been
>> debugged and fixed in the emacs development trunk:
>>
>>     http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8855
>>
>> Unfortunately, the fix won't make it into emacs-24.3.
>
> Let's wait for 24.4 then...

I'm beginning to think that this bug, and the resulting requirement that
users start a D-BUS session daemon, is going to cause too much trouble
for Cygwin users (and therefore for me).  I'm inclined to remove the
GConf and GSettings support and save that for emacs-24.4.

>> My reading of the documentation is that this is to be expected:
>>
>> $ man emacsclient
>> [...]
>> -n, --no-wait
>>          returns immediately without waiting for you to "finish"
>>          the buffer in Emacs.
>>
>> Is the behavior you described specific to Cygwin?
>
> Doh... well, "-a ''" was what I had wanted to put there, really.  Done, and
> switched over to emacsclient-w32.  However, emacsclient-w32 then starts an
> emacs-X11 in daemon mode, shouldn't it be starting an emacs-w32?

Try `emacsclient-w32 -a emacs-w32'.

Ken